According to Archdiocesan Guidelines, children who have been Baptised Catholics are prepared for the Sacrament of Reconciliation in Year 3, for First Communion in Year 4 and for Confirmation in Year 6. These Sacraments are to be received in this order.
Under the Archdiocesan Policy (2008), schools prepare children for the Sacraments in their Religious Education Program and children go to their own Parish to receive the Sacraments. The Local Zone of Priests which represents the parishes of Subiaco, City Beach, Claremont, Cottesloe/Mosman Park, Doubleview, Nedlands, Shenton Park and Floreat/Wembley has been implementing this policy over a number of years, as have other zones. As Newman College is not a Parish school, parents will need to approach their parish to enrol their child to receive Confirmation, Communion and Reconciliation. For this reason Newman College does not conduct its own Confirmation, First Communion or First Reconciliation ceremonies.
If parents have any queries concerning the above, please contact the Religious Education Coordinator Primary, Jane Short, email@example.com
Please visit your relevant parish for all information regarding Sacrament dates and registration:
- Floreat/Wembley Parish – www.floreatwembleyparish.org.au
- Subiaco Parish – www.stjosephssubiaco.org.au
- Doubleview Parish – www.doubleview.perthcatholic.org.au
- Innaloo/Karrinyup Parish – www.innalookarrinyup.perthcatholic.org.au
- Shenton Park Parish – www.shentonparkcatholics.org.au
- Claremont Parish – www.claremontparish.com.au
- North Beach Parish – www.ourladyofgrace.com.au
- Balcatta Parish – www.stlawrence.org.au
- City Beach Parish – www.holyspiritcitybeach.com
- Greenwood Parish – www.allsaintsgreenwoodwa.org.au
- Leederville Parish – www.stmarysleederville.com
- Scarborough Parish – www.immaculateheartofmary.com.au