Secondary School Tour
Secondary education at Newman College is an inclusive model where everyone is valued, everyone is worth listening to, and everyone can make a difference.
The Middle Years of Schooling
As students enter their Middle Years of Schooling we continue to seek the development of the whole person by challenging them to explore their interests and passions. In this developmental stage we seek to promote young people who become:
- Independent and self-regulated learners
- Resilient in their approach to overcoming social, academic and emotional obstacles
- Adaptable and flexible in their attitude to learning
- Creative and imaginative thinkers who are able to work in teams to problem solve
- Informed and strong advocates of Social Justice issues using the Gospel values as guidance
- Strong advocates for positive and optimistic social change
Our curriculum is individualised to meet the needs of every student as their gifts and talents are fostered and shared.
Senior Years of Schooling
In Senior education years students are encouraged to discover and develop their interests and strengths so that they might aspire to leading meaningful lives.
A wide range of academic options await the students whilst Music, Visual Arts, Drama, Dance, Woodwork, Fabrics, Italian and Technology are further opportunities.
Personal and Career counselling resources are available to students to assist in navigating current and future choices.
A wide range of sporting pursuits exist within the College program and beyond in the form of the Newman Sporting Association which offers eight sporting clubs at community level.
About Newman College
Newman College is a Catholic School educating in the Marist tradition which provides a co-educational learning centre for Pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 students.
We strive to animate our delivery of learning, teaching and wellbeing, as one which is innovative and creative.
Our Vision for Learning ‘Shine through Discovery’ – Let your light shine (Matthew 5:16) inspires our faith and learning community to Challenge, Collaborate, Create and Celebrate who we are and what we seek to achieve.
Book a Senior School Tour
Led by a Member of our Senior Leadership Team and student representatives, these tours provide students and parents with the ideal introduction to life at Newman College.
Please complete click the link and complete the form to schedule a private or small group tour of our Marcellin Secondary School Campus.
- Morning Tour – Tuesday 26 March (commence at 9.15am from the Champagnat Chapel Foyer)
- Twilight Tour – Wednesday 3 April (commencing at 5.30pm)
- Morning Tour – Tuesday April 9 (commence at 9.15am from the Champagnat Chapel Foyer)