Last night the Year 12 students, family, friends and staff gathered for the final time to celebrate the successes of the Year 12 cohort at Mass and Graduation.
The evening commenced with Mass, celebrated by Fr Isreal Quirit and Fr Vincent Conroy. In his Homily, Fr Isreal reflected on Matthew’s Gospel reading ‘You are the Salt of the Earth’ and ‘Your are the Light of the World’. Fr Isreal encouraged the students to continue to let their light shine before others and go out into the world and make a difference.
At the conclusion of Mass, guests gathered in the Founders Courtyard for refreshments prior to the commencement of the Graduation Ceremony.
The Graduation ceremony saw a number of musical acts, slideshows, and reflective addresses including;
- Kyles Disciples: Stephen Loreck, Evan Thompson, Kyle Peou and Guy D’Aprile.
- Newman Groove: Luka Moukine, Daniel O’Connor, Benjamin Miniello, Liam Street, Patrick Diamond and Rose Troon
- Valedictory Address from 2019 College aptains Matt and Courtney
In his Principal’s Address, Mr Finneran reiterated that “the fundamental beliefs and assumptions in this community are that you all have the potential to succeed. Our Vision for Learning Shine through discovery – let you light shine asks this of us — that we can be excellent; we have license to let our light shine.”
The evening concluded with recognising the outstanding academic, sporting and community achievements and contributions of the Year 12 cohort. The following students received the College’s highest awards:
- Jessica Baggetta, recipient of the Class of 1977 Award. The highest achieving student engaged in Vocational and Educational Training opportunities.
- Patrick Diamond received the JJ Clune Award. Presented to the Year 12 student who is acknowledged as the most outstanding graduate of the year.
- Michael Adamos who was announced as this year’s Br Cletus Read Proxime Accessit recipient.
- The Monsignor Kennedy Award for Dux of the College was awarded to Alexandra Cavanagh.
A full list of award winners can be found here:
Congratulations to our Year 12’s. We are delighted to officially welcome you all as our newest Alumni; The Class of 2019.